Monday, July 30, 2012

Too Faced Absolutely Flawless Concealer

I bought this at Sephora!
Hello, my lovelies! So my idea for a themed week didn't go so well, because I realized all of this makeup brush talk all at once was a bit boring... And I couldn't wait any longer to test out the new concealer I bought at Sephora! I purchased Too Faced Absolutely Flawless Flexible Coverage Concealer in Honey.


This is the very first concealer I have ever bought, because I had never been that keen on concealer in the first place. But I wanted to brighten up my face and have a more even canvas for all my "artwork," so I caved and bought some.


I wasn't smart enough to ask for help, so I was blindly searching the store for a good concealer, and came across this one. After testing it on a zit, it seemed OK, and I bought it for $20.00.


Irritatingly enough, its darkest shade was still too light... Even for my olive skin tone. Rather than conceal my blemishes, it made them much more evident, because there was a large blotch of lighter skin on my forehead and under my eyes. It didn't blend very well. My foundation did not do much help to fix this.


Now, if Too Faced provided a more versatile selection of shades, I'm sure my review would be different. Of course, this was my first try at buying the perfect concealer for me, and I'm sure there will be plenty of missed attempts to come. Still, this concealer has received awards and recognition, and if your skin happens to match one of its three shades to the tee, I highly recommend trying this product. It's easy squeeze bottle and rich, creamy formula will win the hearts of others, I'm sure of it.


I'll give this product another chance though––And maybe a second attempt will change my mind. I'll let you know!


Stay beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment