Sunday, October 21, 2012

In the Classroom: Nails

These are some nice nails... I'm envious!
Hello, my lovelies! Before anything, I have to wish my older sister Alexis Angelettie a happy SEVENTEENTH BIRTHDAY!!!! Oh gosh, she's getting so old. Gross.

And in other unrelated news, with a fine point pink sharpie, I traced over all the lettering on the keyboard of my MacBook yesterday afternoon... God forbid I end up trying to sell my laptop to Pinky Dinky Doo one day... Does anyone remember that show? The story box? Mr. Guinea Pig?

Alright, never mind with my childhood television preferences. Back to beauty blogging... Uh–where was I? Oh yeah, what's really been on my mind is nails. I'm sure you remember from How to Create Marble Nails that I used to have a terrible habit of biting my nails... Luckily I'm happy to say that I'm wrapping up my 6th week without biting a single nail! Hallelujah! 

To celebrate almost 7 weeks without biting my nails, I'm writing another In the Classroom special, this time on, well, nails. And just like In the Classroom: Skincare, I'll be breaking this into parts. This first part is all about the anatomy of your nails.


Credit to curesforbeauty.com for this image.
The basic anatomy of a fingernail includes:

  • The Cuticle - a thicker layer of skin between the nail and your skin to protect from infection. 
  • The Lunula - a white semicircle or moon at the base of the nail.
  • The Nail Bed - also known as the body of the nail, is the pinkish part, and the largest portion of your nail.
  • The Free Edge - the white nail that contributes to the length of your nails; the part that can be filed and shaped.
  • The Lateral Nail Fold - the separation between your nail and the rest of your finger.
I'm sorry, but I just can't believe you don't remember Pinky Dinky Doo. So I've provided you with a helpful reminder of the wonderful show that taught us Big Fancy Words and hatred of the color pink (alright, that last part didn't rub off on me). 




Okay, if you still don't remember this absolutely amazing girl with the pink hair who ironically enough hates the color pink, then you better go to Youtube right now and watch some old episodes.

Oh yeah, and come back tomorrow for Part Two of In the Classroom: Nails. Hehe.

Stay beautiful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment