Thursday, October 18, 2012

Ask Autumn: Ways to Make Your Look Last

Hello, my lovelies! Ask Autumn is a feature on Aisles of Beauty I use to answer any beauty related questions you email me. I thought this was a good one.

Today's Question: I apply makeup before school, foundation, concealer, eyeliner, etc. But at the end of the day, my makeup has disappeared, and I almost look washed out. What can I do to fix this?
-- Joy

My Answer: Makeup fades throughout the day as you're moving around, touching your face, and doing your daily activities. Two great ways to make your makeup last is by using primer or setting powder or spray. 

Primer comes in all shapes and sizes, but the concept is simple. Before your regular makeup routine, massage a pea size amount of primer onto your face, and it kind of acts like glue to keep the makeup on your face. Depending on what product you use, it can extend your look's life by several hours!

Setting powder is a bit different. In fact, you can read all about it in my previous Ask Autumn... Ask Autumn: What is Setting Powder? The basic idea is at the end of your makeup routine, rather than the beginning, you apply some setting powder to hold your makeup in place, and keep it from sweating off. Setting spray works in the same way, but rather than powder, it's–well, spray.

By combining primer and setting powder/spray, your makeup will definitely last all day. 

Got beauty questions you want answered? Email me: aislesofbeauty@gmail.com, I might answer it on the blog!

Stay beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment