Sunday, June 24, 2012

Latest Obsession: NYC Show Time Volumizing Mascara

NYC Showime Volumizing Mascara in Extreme Black
Aisles of Beauty's Latest Obsession: NYC Show Time Volumizing Mascara!

My mother uncharacteristically had us leave home early for an appointment, and with the extra time, we stopped at CVS so my mother could get some cleaning supplies. I lingered in its colossal cosmetics area, searching for a new mascara, because my previous one had recently run out.

An entire wall of L'Oreal products was tempting, but overpriced. Over the months since I first became somewhat obsessed with makeup and the artistic outlet it provided, I have learned not to splurge on mascara. It's a waste of money!

So for $3.99 at CVS, I bought this great Showtime Volumizing Mascara by New York Color in Extreme Black. I haven't jumped on the bandwagon for colored mascara yet, so this chic jet black is perfect for me. It claims to give me up to 13x fuller lashes... So with continued use we'll see if that happens!

Pros: I love the wand. It's long and slender, and the bristles work wonders. The lashes are separated so well, and so quickly, I don't feel like I'm spending hours trying to separate my lashes sufficiently. Plus, this mascara is packed with Panthenol and Vitamin E to strengthen my lashes and keep them soft and supple. I love soft lashes. This mascara dries quickly, and once it's dry, it's hard to smudge. If I get wet, the mascara doesn't run as much as my old one did. I really had to splash my face to finally get some grayish liquid running down my face.

Cons: Even though it takes some effort, this mascara is not waterproof, and since it's summer, that would have been a nice bonus. I personally wish the formula could have come on just a bit thicker... At first I wasn't sure if mascara was actually getting onto my lashes at all. But I'll get over that eventually when the volumizer kicks in.

Cost: $3.99 at CVS: The price may vary depending on where you are, but I got this mascara fairly cheap, which is good, because like I said before, it's a waste to splurge on mascara. So all these benefits for just about $4. Sounds great to me!

Rating: ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ (5 out of 5 stars)

No comments:

Post a Comment