Monday, June 18, 2012

Spelling Bees in Wonderland... The Crazy Things I Dream About

The Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland
As you all may know, I was supposed to release the trailer for The Toolbox Trilogy this past Friday. As you can see, that didn't happen. I had a very busy Friday, and then Saturday I had a party to attend, and then Sunday was Father's Day. (Happy Father's Day to all those great dads out there!)


So on Sunday I told myself bright and early Monday morning I would post the trailer I neglected to release, wait a few days, and then post the first edition of the Toolbox Trilogy. The plan was all ready to go!  But last night I had the weirdest dream...


I was at the National Spelling Bee, in a cute little sea foam green dress with beige heels. I spelled a bunch of big words like conscientious and prestidigitation... But when I made it to the final two, I got the word cheshire. In my dream, I giggled and asked, "As in the Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland?" The word lady said yes, and I began spelling it, only to realize I wasn't sure how.


Vintageortacky.com
I woke up, and immediately jumped on my computer to look up how to spell Cheshire. I learned it, and clicked on Google Images to waste some time. That's when I found this image. Could it be? I clicked on the picture and it directed me to the website of its origin. A beauty blog called Vintage or Tacky run by a super cool girl named Cora, with a full tutorial on how to create the look! I watched the whole video, and I was inspired.


So I scrapped the old Toolbox Trilogy completely, and today I'll be filming the new one, which is sure to be ten times better!


If you'd like to watch this tutorial, here's the link: http://vintageortacky.com/2010/01/16/cheshire-cat/


I've seen the whole thing, and I rate it I for Intermediate Level. I'll try to make a shorter (the original is 15 minutes), less awkward (she rambles a bit) version that might be easier to understand for preteen levels. Until then, happy dreaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment